Skip to main content

The "Plan" God Has For You.

If you've ever wondered what God's "Plan" for your life is, or what that means exactly, the truth is you're probably already doing it. Because while it might seem hard to find sometimes, really, it's all too simple. What do you enjoy doing? What are you passionate about? Those desires were put in your DNA for a reason. I think a lot of people (at least I do) get all to stressed out about what they should do, when really, there is no ONE answer. I don't believe you have a single "destiny" in the sense that you have one purpose that you must achieve in your life, and if you miss it, your life was a waste. I believe God gives us 100 different "destinies" and then lets us choose which one we want. Now, I know MANY different authors and speakers have discussed this issue, but I just wanted to talk about it a little bit because it is quite important for us to know. Especially when you're my age and you're having to make a lot of decisions. It's important to know that you aren't going to "mess up God's plan for your life" as Kris Valloton would say.
Let me give you some examples.
Example Number One: Say you're 21 years old and you're wanting to get married. You have worked hard and developed a strong relationship with someone over the course of several years and done everything to prepare yourselves as a couple for getting married. You really want to marry this person. But some little doubtful voice inside you says, "What if this isn't the 'One' for you?" You've thought and thought and listened for the voice of the Holy Spirit to no avail. Let me submit to you the idea that God is not ordering you one way or the other because he's given you a CHOICE. What if there is no "One" that you are destined to marry? GASP! What if God has a hundred different "Ones" that would be excellent partners for you and he's going to let you choose? What if the whole time you've been begging him to tell you who to marry, he's simply been saying, "Son (or Daughter), I think that person is a great spouse for you, and there are 50 other great options as well. It's up to you. What do you want?" (If this example interests you, One True Pair talks more about this concept in their videos on YouTube.)
Example Number Two: Let's say you're 19 like me, and you're trying to decide on a career. You really like working with kids, writing, playing piano, and lots of other stuff, but you can't decide what you want to pursue as a career. You listen for the voice of God and hear no instruction one way or another. What if God is saying, "Whichever one you want. They would all be great for you."

I don't believe the character of God is to ever force you to do anything. We see it time and time again throughout scripture and history. He has never taken the will of a human being. And I don't believe He will ever do so. It's simply not in His nature. All He will do is give us advice and help us through our decisions. I believe God is telling us what Jake Stringer would say: "I would not care which DVD player my son buys at the store! They're all good brands and they all do the same thing!" So RELAX. God really has planS (plural) for your life! 

Comments

  1. I don't know about this. On the one hand did not Moses have to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt, didn't Noah have to build an ark, didn't the twelve have to take the gospel to the world? But on the other hand were these just the men that said yes. I have heard it suggested that Mary our Lords mother was the first that said "be it unto me according to thy word." I want to believe in some sort of divine destiny in the area of a spouse, I could tell a story of myself that would defend this point but I do understand that everyone may not have this experience. Christ Jesus will lead us into all righteousness in all areas of our life, this I know. Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent points Mr. Bill. It's a hard subject to figure out for me sometimes...I believe you're definitely right about God having a purpose for our lives. And I also believe that God has one plan, and another, and another, and another for us to use to accomplish his ulitimate purpose. Those instances that you mentioned are great examples! God had the plan, he told it to the people, the people had a choice to heed it or not. They chose to do so and accomplished great things! So good.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmm..... I DEFINITELY used to think it was all or nothing with God's plan for your life. You either followed it and got it, or you missed it and missed out. I now think that's not true. Like you said, Seth, He has never taken man's will away. We can make a choice and still be smack-dab in the center of His will. It's kind of revolutionary - at least for me!

    To William Lester's point, I think if Moses or Noah or the twelve didn't choose those paths, someone else would've. God's will is not contingent on a man. He will accomplish what he wants to accomplish - We can't mess up His will for humanity on a large scale, I don't think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree. I think like Mr. Bill pointed out, those people were "just the men that said yes." And if one of them said no, like you said, then God would ask someone else. His ultimite goal of peace for humanity can't be messed up, and at the same time, He won't defy a single human will in order to accomplish it. That's downright amazing to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment